Internet Marketers Toolbox
Are thinking of starting out as an internet marketer? My advice for you is don't not until you have read this post completely.
What is an Internet Marketer
A person who wants to fill a niche in the internet by providing a product or service is such a way that has not yet been fulfilled.
Did you notice that my definition of Internet Marketer relies heavily on “presentation” of a product or service and not on selling or marketing. Yes – its all about persuasive presentation. You don't have to create a new product or service to sell on the net you just have to find a unique way to present an existing product.
So are you thinking of selling jewellery on the net? Well give up that idea because the niche is still too large but focus on something like “engagement rings” since it has a very large demand for it and you can make a sizeable commission per sale.
What will you need
- You will need to know the basic of selling and what motivates the buyer and the best book around that will teach you the “Ninja” method is “Cashvertising” by Drew Eric Whitman – so go over to Amazon or wherever you go for your digital book and download it now.
- Check out the competition is doing in your niche but don't try to copy the competition this will kill you – competitive analysis will jog your grey cells so that they come up with something new and unique.
- Check out the forums related to your product if there are any -New and unique way to present the product – probably through your very own blog or niche website
- Don't be afraid to be controversial or against the grain – its these businesses that stand out in the long run – remember that all publicity is good publicity
- Reviews are old fashioned and no one believes them anymore so look at other ways of marketing such as Facebook or Pinterest – to create interest in your product
- Your unique method of presenting the product should be fun,hippy and shareable something memorable that will stick in the mind
There are of course other technical matters that need to be addressed:
What web host will you use – not necessarily the cheapest one but the most reliable one- finding that one can be quite a process so spend sometime in the forums and reading reliable reviews. I have never been able to find a host who is better at everything – so you might have to trade off.
What marketing channels will you use? Creating a email list, solo ads, Facebook, POF, PPV, SEO, blogs, PPC etc will all depend on your method of presentation of the product or service and how best it works with that particular marketing channel and also how much cash you have available to invest in advertising.
Get started right away presenting existing products to existing markets but changing the presentation method to something very persuasive. Your first few attempts may not meet with success but as your exercise this creative muscle in your brain it will get stronger and better and you will taste success.