Forming a New Government
Traditional methods of government have failed due to various factors – a new better form of Government is quickly emerging even though most of do not realize it consciously. I like to call it the Ideacracy.
What is the Ideacracy?
The ideacracy is a form of direct democracy where more people want to directly contribute to Government rather than allowing a limited legislature to frame laws and make resource decisions.
What are the driving forces of the Ideacracy:
- Growth of social media and cheap and quick access to information that was not previously available regarding the incompetence of ruling governments
- Development in technology especially cell phones and tablet computers. Provides people with the ability to directly affect Government by making quick comments on Twitter and Facebook which have a direct impact on Government decisions
- Fiscal incompetence most Governments do not allocate tax monies to provide the best returns to all citizens – this has resulted in more people actively protesting against misuse of funds using Internet and also social media
- Improved Economic Models have allowed for more comprehensive gathering of data and use of more complex algorithms allows economists to make definitive predictions of changes in economic activity due to changes in Government policy thereby avoiding potential disasters
- Focus on Ideas -more and more people are looking at creativity and innovation as a quick way to make money quickly. This has resulted in many positive externalities that has allowed for Government to operate more efficiently.
- Productivity Improvement exponential improvement in methods of production and delivery of services has allowed for more people than ever to enjoy more free time which in turn allows more scope for creativity and innovation
- Accepting Responsibility as more people are empowered with information and believe that they can change what they see -they will complain and protest until they see favorable change.
- Vested Interests some movements, companies, revolutions, social organizations and even terrorists can undermine traditional Governments – Governments have to metamorphosize into Ideacracy in order to negate the legitimacy power of these entities.
How should Government Re-organize?
- Increased representation – allow 100 or 10000 appoint one person to represent their interests. This is the Citizens Cell. The Cell sizes have to be determined based on geographical location, psycho-social factors, population concentration, cultural factors, type of technology used to communicate among the Citizens
- Diversity Ensure full spectrum of society is represented in each Citizen Cell to ensure social cohesiveness.
- Free communication All people within the Citizen Cell has to be freely able to cost effectively communicate using social media with all other members of the Cell
- Voter age to appoint representative to be reduced to 13 years but leader of each Citizen Cell should be at least 40 years or above
- Idea Management methodology – a effective method of collecting, assessing, implementing and review of ideas generated by the citizens. This methodology has to be developed by Government to control and benefit from aspirations of citizens after consulting leaders from each Citizen Cell.
- Resource Allocation to be based on criteria determined by Citizens Cells and not by annual budget. Citizens should have full access to information on state income and expenditure. All expenditure should be supported by a cost benefit analysis. Detailed expenditure analysis to be provided – not broad sub headings. Review of the Government budget should take place monthly.
- State and military intelligence networks that are “running interference” for the Government should be dismantled and reassigned to productive tasks.
- Caps on Expenditure especially defense spending and arms procurement should be enforced especially in cases of non-disclosure due to “Secrets Act” or “National Interest” issues.
- Welfare spending – such as education and health should be determined by special Citizen Cells formulated to handle such issues and consists of informed stakeholders such as economists, CPAs, sociologists, medical practitioners, education professionals. People using those services will provide feedback on state of services provided.
- Ideacracy Government Structure should be minimal ideally with three layers Leader, Chief Executives and Managers
- Referendum used frequently for factors that should be determined by the people and not by the Supreme court especially in the case of interpreting existing laws. Laws should be made to serve the people not people made to serve the law.
Please add your own views on the new form of Government: